Business, Commercial, Property & Leases
Conducting your own business or thinking of starting a business? Are you considering selling your business or reviewing legal/tax structures? Business owners and managers are subject to ever changing and often complex laws. Our experienced and committed lawyers are able to assist you with timely, clear, and commercially realistic advice in all aspects of business and commercial law including:
- Business Purchase (including contract negotiation and preparation);
- Sale of Business (including contract negotiation and preparation);
- Due diligence and assistance in reviewing information provided by other parties to commercial transactions;
- Business Structuring (including creating required company, trust, partnership, joint venture, etc.);
- Commercial Lease preparation and negotiation for Lessors;
- Commercial Lease review and negotiation for Lessees;
- Property Conveyancing (both residential and commercial);
- Contract advice (negotiations, administration, termination, etc.);
- Liquor Licensing (including purchase/sale of licensed premises, obtaining liquor licence, etc.);
- Debt recovery;
- Court matters (both for claimants and defendants);
- Intellectual Property issues;
- Stamp duty issues;
- Land Tax;
- Internet Law issues.
Why select Belperio Clark?
- We provide sensible, practical solutions for your legal needs;
- Our extensive experience with our principal lawyers, each having 20+ years legal experience;
- We are very client focused – you and your interests come first, every time;
- We are accessible, friendly, and unpretentious;
- Our lawyers are committed to keeping up to date and knowledgeable with continuing professional development and involvement in numerous professional bodies;
- Commitment to cost-effective solutions for clients.
Some Useful Information to Consider:
- Consumer and Business Services (OCBA)
- Revenue SA
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Australian Consumer Law
- Business SA
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- SA Government
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Personal Properties Security Register (PPSR)
We understand that clients seek cost effective solutions. Our lawyers will approach your matter with a view of assisting to prevent, minimise and solve legal and associated issues sensibly. Our commitment and experience will help resolve matters in a way that minimises cost without compromising your control over the outcome.
Court Action (Litigation)
Not all disputes can be mediated or negotiated to settlement. Sometimes a court needs to impose a settlement. The court process can be complicated and confusing. Our lawyers can guide you through this process.
Many people underestimate the benefit of the early involvement of their lawyer when pursuing business opportunities and entering into transactions. We find that being proactive and seeking the advice of your lawyer before entering into a transaction can help to clarify or minimise complicated legal issues; minimising costs and risk later.
If you are interested in buying or establishing a licensed Restaurant, Cafe, Hotel, Motel, Nightclub or possibly a tourist or convention establishment you will no doubt have to make an application for liquor and/or gaming approval. Belperio Clark can help you through this.
In intellectual property and technology matters, our expertise includes conducting intellectual property audits to assess assets and opportunities, advising on structuring and commercialisation options such as licensing and franchising. We advise on the protection of intellectual property assets, including registering trademarks and enforcing them. We assist clients with brand selection and protection, including domain name registration and domain name dispute resolution. We also advise on patents, copyright and registered designs . We are active in dispute resolution, including the issuing and defending of Court proceedings arising from patents, registered designs, copyright, trademarks, and trade practices. Our experience includes advising on intellectual property issues relating to the education sector, the food industry, franchises, the health sector, heaters, information technology, international trade, publishing, the mining sector, music, packaging, and the wine industry. Our specialist in this area is Eugene Reinboth